| LetsDateFree.com - Free Dating Website  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Astronomy ChitChat - An online community for amateur astronomers

Main Site Home Links Directory AlltheInterweb Answers HelpSearchLoginRegister  

Site news 2009/2010 (Read 3844 times)
Site Admin
YaBB Administrator

North Yorkshire
Site news 2009/2010
Oct 19th, 2009 at 9:30pm

As you may have guessed, this thread is where I post news about the site & messageboard.

This year's news so far:
19th August 2009 decided to move the Astronomy section from my personal website HERE to a new expanded site HERE

c. 16th - 18th October 2009 Hit upon the idea of checking to see if the domain names astronomychitchat.co.uk + astronomy-chitchat.co.uk were available so I could re-name the new Astronomy website inline with some of my other websites: Web Design ChitChat, Car ChitChat & Monty Python ChitChat.

19th October 2009
00:10am BST: Finally got round to seeing if them domain names were available via 1&1 Internet Ltd (where I get my website hosting from).

00:15am BST: Got both astronomychitchat.co.uk + astronomy-chitchat.co.uk ordered

00:22am BST: Started installing this messageboard

01:54am BST: Got finished uploading & CHMOD'ing this here messageboard.

01:58am BST: Got the board activated & running

02:48am BST: Finished getting all the categories & boards set up.

17:10pm BST: Got the domain names pointed at the website.

18:50pm BST: Got this messageboard integrated into the main site..... then since then until now I've sorted out the board's banner / logo thingy, and been trying to sort out a slight glitch with the default template (image thing around the search box + the buttons weren't displaying correctly.... fixed by deleting, re-uploading & re-CHMOD'ing the templates folder.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2009 at 6:55pm by Site Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Site Admin
YaBB Administrator

North Yorkshire
Re: Site news 2009/2010
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2009 at 3:51am

Got round to creating some new themes for colouring in the board (other than the original blue YaBB comes in)....
- Lunar (currently the new default scheme)
- Nightvision (black/red, inspired by Nightvision mode in Stellarium).

The Administrator.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

AlltheInterweb | AlltheInterweb Directory | AlltheInterweb Search | More Forums